Recommended reading (four or five stars):
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Abbott’s Ghost by Louisa May Alcott
- The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Nutcracker by E.T.A. Hoffmann
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Check out the Upcoming Release Dates tab for the new titles coming this month, including:
- 8 – The 13th Sign by Kristin O Tubb ★★★
- 8 – Rainy Day Kids by Pete Wentz ★★
- 8 – Broken by A.E. Rought ★★
- 15 – Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis
- 15 – The Thief of Auschwitz by Jon Clinch ★★★★
- 18 – Exposure: A Modern-Day Spin on Shakespeare’s Macbeth (Twisted Lit #2) by Kim Askew & Amy Helmes ★★★
- 29 – The Mad Scientist’s Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke ★★
CLASSIC READS BLOG HOP!
This month, I’ll be participating in the Classic Reads Blog Hop 2013, where I’ll be sharing some of my favorite classic reads
TLC BOOK TOURS:
This month I will be participating in two TLC book tours. On Jan 10th, I’ll feature The Tell by Hester Kaplan — “An elegant and haunting novel of love and family, The Tell demands that we reconsider our notions of marriage—duty, compromise, betrayal, and the choice to stand by or leave the ones we love.”
Then on Jan 30th, I’ll be reviewing The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones — “The Uninvited Guests is the bewitching new novel from the critically acclaimed Sadie Jones. The prizewinning author triumphs in this frightening yet delicious drama of dark surprises—where social codes are uprooted and desire daringly trumps propriety—and all is alight with Edwardian wit and opulence.”
PROJECT FAIRY TALE UPDATE:
Only one more month until Project Fairy Tale!
This special event includes myself and 35 other bloggers who will be reading stories related to famous fairy tales. As for me, I’ll be covering the tale of Bluebeard.
I’ll be featuring one Bluebeard story per week on what I’ve decided to call “Fairy Tale Friday.” Then, as part of my normal Saturday “Weekend Ramblings” I’ll be featuring links to some other fairy tale bloggers that have caught my eye.
- The Bluebeard Room (Nancy Drew #77) by Carolyn Keene ★★★
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
To read (still undecided):
- The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
- Bluebeard’s Egg by Margaret Atwood
- Bluebeard by Kurt Vonnegut
- Fitcher’s Brides by Gregory Frost
- Bluebeard’s Machine by Mari Fee
- Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson