COMING SOON: CLASSICS RETOLD!
Attention, fellow bloggers!
Project: Fairy Tale was a huge hit with everyone so we decided to expand and tweak it a bit. For this project we are reading a classic book and then reading or watching retellings, spin-offs, or adaptions of it!
- The Classics Project will take place in September 2013 — that will be when we ask bloggers to post their reviews.
- Each blogger will choose ONE classic they’d like to read (see list below for ideas!)
- Bloggers will read their classic and read (or watch) as many retellings, spin-offs, sequels or adaptions of their classic as they can. They will post reviews or their thoughts on each one during September.
- 1-4 bloggers can work on a “main” text. They can work independently or work together. You’re allowed to all read/watch the same things or split the work up.
- To participate in this project, sign up for one classic (and its adaptions). If you’d like to work on another classic (or adaption), find the bloggers assigned that text and ask to do a guest review/post.
- For a classic to be useable for this project, it should have at least 2 adaptions, spin-offs, sequels, or retellings.
Obviously this project is going to get pretty big so we’ve split the co-hosting duties up. It’s all one big project so you only sign up once for one book (not once on each blog).
- Alyssa @ Books Take You Places is in charge of Ancient to Renaissance Lit Classics.
- Brittany @ Book Addict’s Guide is in charge of Mythology
- Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy is in charge of 19th Century & Gothic Classics.
- Alison @ The Cheap Reader is in charge of Children’s Classics.
- WNK @ Excellent Library is in charge of American & Misc. Classics.
Need American & Misc. Classic Ideas?
The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Rip van Winkle by Washington Irving
Moby Dick by Herman Melville
Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain