*Books categorized as “ARC” are review copies which I received either from the publisher, author, or other promotional outlet. I never accept monetary compensation for my reviews, and each review expresses only my own thoughts an opinions on each title.
Updated 3/30/2013 –
Though in the past I have accepted review requests from authors and publishers, I am currently so behind on my personal “to-read” list, and have found it hard to keep up on the number of requests coming in, so I am not accepting unsolicited review requests for the time being. I’ll be sure to update here if the policy changes.
My rating system:
I tend to rate books using a modified version of Goodreads.com’s system.
- 1 star = I did not enjoy this book and would not recommend it.
- 2 stars = It was okay. Some people may enjoy these ones, but I was disappointed in them.
- 3 stars = I liked it. These are books that have entertainment value, but I probably wouldn’t pass on to friends unless I knew they would suit their interests or tastes.
- 4 stars = I really liked it. These are books that I enjoyed reading and would pass on to friends.
- 5 stars = Amazing. These are books that I would recommend to anyone, that I would re-read once a year, that I think should be required reading, that I’d consider an all-time favorite, and that I will be first in line to buy the author’s next book. As you may have guessed, these are few and far between.