- Alyssa @ Books Take You Places is in charge of Ancient to Renaissance Lit Classics.
- Brittany @ Book Addict’s Guide is in charge of Mythology
- Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy is in charge of 19th Century & Gothic Classics.
- Alison @ The Cheap Reader is in charge of Children’s Classics.
- WNK @ Excellent Library is in charge of American & Misc. Classics.
Apr 11-May 25: Blogger sign up!
Interested bloggers wishing to participate sign up for one classic story to represent (multiple bloggers may work together or separately on the same story) at the coordinating blog. Bloggers wishing to read any American or Misc Classic may comment below with the following information:
- Your name
- Link to the blog on which you’d be posting your contribution to the project
- Name of classic story which you’d like to review
Sept 1-30: Classics Project!
Bloggers will post their classic-related reviews, giveaways, read-alongs, and other posts on their blog. Please note, you do NOT have to devote the ENTIRE month to the classic. A master list will be available on each of the host blogs, according to category (so, for instance, a list of all the American or Misc Classic-related posts will be available here at Excellent Library)
- Read and review the classic story itself (this is the only required element)
- Read and review sequels, modern retellings, and spin-offs
- Read and review biographies about the author
- Watch and review a movie based on the classic
- Find other references to your classic in music, TV, or other literary works
- Write and share your own short story, poem, or flash fiction based on the classic
CLASSIC STORY SUGGESTIONS:
Feel free to add your own; this is a preliminary list based on stories in the American/Misc category that I know have 2 or more retellings.
The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Rip van Winkle by Washington Irving
Moby Dick by Herman Melville
Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Reminder – Up to 3 bloggers can choose the same classic and may choose to work independently or together. Please post your name, a link to your blog, and the classic you prefer in the comments section below to sign up for an American/Misc Classic.
The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald – WNK @ ExcellentLibrary
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne – Michelle @ Texas Book Lover
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde – Lisa @ Should Be Knitting
And Then There Were None – Anahera @ Anahera Reads
Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton – Belle @ Dilettantish Reader